December's #1 Tack Down Tuesday


"Taking the Dan Ryan Home"
8 x 8 collage ready for frame in a 2" white mat all sides, final size is 12 x 12.
#120511-A
Materials used:
Watercolor paper, polymer medium, Mat medium, acrylics, stained tissue papers, altered and painted engineers plans, old book pages, old player piano paper, image transfer letters and shapes fused to the watercolor paper and sealed with a satin UV varnish.

Meaning of the Art:
Every day for six days I was traveling into Chicago to either set up the booth, be present for the four days of the show or pick up my art from the One of a Kind Show and I would swing around the blocks and take Ontario to the Dan Ryan and headed home. Though the shows event was very exciting I always longed to be home. I'm just a big home buddy at heart, missed my husband, four young adults and my four legged loves waiting for me ever night at home. This is what I would see was buildings, the hustle of the traffic and it was usually early morning or late at night when I was traveling.

 50.00 plus tax and s/h

Comments

  1. Wonderful collage of your commute for the show in Chicago! I bet you are exhausted! Aren't you glad you don't have to do that every day! It was great meeting you at the show! I can't wait until Christmas morning so I can see which of the collages my hubby bought me from your collection! But I've been good, and am not going to peak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your such a good girl...and keep me posted for a possible place to come out your way! that would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will give her a call today and see what she thinks... we'll find a place regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh! I would have thought that show would have spent you on energy and here you have found extra to create this magnificent piece! Wow. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one Laura.. it sure expresses your feelings about heading home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts