Saturday, October 01, 2011

My 8 x 8's

 Dragged me away
8 x 8 collage on watercolor paper, sheet music, old book pages, painted drawing papers and acrylic glazing. To my surprise I was asked if I wanted to sell this piece..I said yes and ask that I take it home and properly seal it and remount it on another piece of watercolor paper.
Sold
 My Star,
8 x 8 collage on watercolor paper, sanded magazine page, gessoed map, and gessoed kraft papers with acrylic glazing, Nevr dull magazine paper with the star stencil and a bit of acrylics splashed here and there.

She Settles, Inukshuk series.
Every week when we coming into class at LaGrange Art League I have the students jump right in to working on a piece...they have 30 minutes about to finish one...I also have them do 5 collage sketches in their sketchbooks.  It's such a delight to see the pieces created and they seem to be enjoy the process of the exercise. The piece above was created from a image using a view finder and the image I took it from was upside down. I'm toying with the composition with this piece...it is about rock formations stacked.  And I love this simple theme of shape and form...I would like to continue this series...

Off to get the good weekend started with walking my four legged loves... 

3 comments:

  1. These are REALLY NICE Laura! I can see how that first one sold so darned fast!
    Anxious to see where these progress... :-)

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the first one best... lucky purchaser!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura