That's Right....this gal is 50 now...



Hi Everyone,
Is it sane to say I welcome this age 50 that is. Today is my birthday and it's been blessed by some Thunder beings,(I always love a good thunderstorm in the morning and during the day) which are giving life today instead of take it away...(old Native American belief about Thunder beings I picked up along the way in my readings)  Any way I'm going to have a nice dinner out tonight nothing super big...in fact I'm moving to the less is more side of life  as of the less conflict and chaos the better...which is a hard thing to do as I am the doer and seem to be always over stimulated and got a list a mile long to do...even today on my birthday I got a list going...you know the mundane things that keep us all sane.  Well back to what ever I was rambling about...you see I can do that today it's my birthday..and I'm going to play that trump card too...all day... only day that it can be overlooked by others...other wise it is taken in the wrong tense..
Now where was I?   I woke up and was given the words...you have wisdom now and how are you going to use that?...That's a slap that will set you back a bit when you are given that thought...You see I was taught by an elder that when you turn 50 that is the time you can teach...well with that in mind and not to let it go bonkers/ego...  how will I do that now for the next part of my life...?  How is passing on wisdom best done how is teaching most effected in others lives...?  Wow I'm a bit scared here with the question popping up... 

These are my thoughts or knowledge I've gathered so far.
1. teaching by actions is always more power then with words.
2. wisdom comes in many forms...being silent is the one of the most respected ways...it allows another to find their own path.
3. don't give the answer...no one is going to listen...They need their own experience to really understand and learn.
4. teach by asking the questions
5. always staying open to gain new perspective and perception, leads to more knowledge and understanding..

You may be wondering...What is this all about and why are you asking this question? 

It's something I've been waiting for as I said I was taught you can't be a good teacher until after you turn 50...so some how or another I've been gifted with be an teacher that is in the art realm, which as become a passion as my son says and I've taken this gift with respect and caution so that's why I've looked forward to this day...Crazy as it sounds it's my day of Passage. I've watched my young adults go through many rights of passage and now it's my turn again to step through... I feel that I'm a student of life and the more that I can sit back and observe the more I will gain that wisdom...Now this doesn't mean this gal is going to sit back and let life pass her by...Oh no you bet I'm going to be living and living large in spirit and good old fashion fun...

from wikipedia
Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizing of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to choose or act or inspire to consistently produce the optimum results with a minimum of time, energy or thought. It is the ability to optimally (effectively and efficiently) apply perceptions and knowledge and so produce the desired results. Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true or right coupled with optimum judgment as to action.

Wisdom...
  1. good sense: the ability to make sensible decisions and judgments based on personal knowledge and experience
  2. wise decision: good sense shown in a way of thinking, judgment, or action
  3. accumulated learning: accumulated knowledge of life or of a sphere of activity that has been gained through experience
So with my rambling this morning On My 50th Birthday if you have any pearls of wisdom you want to share I would be so delight to hear from you all... I've got my little wisdom bag open to gather the pearls that fall upon the pages. 

Gift me with your wisdom...




Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Laura!!! It's only begun.... life gets better... more mellow in many ways ....you see things in a more easy settled way.
    Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told that I would find more comfortable moments in my life...what a wonderful thing to look forward to..thanks Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful B'day. I like your reflection on teaching and especially your points. For some reason although I am learning art all the time myself, I find I am becoming a teacher as well. That has been a backdoor surprise because my little group of students keeps growing.

    One wonderful benefit is all of the input around the table...the ideas keep flying. Love that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many, many happy returns of the day Laura. Wisdom doesn't just arrive at 50, it's been sneaking up on you all along. Your work is itself teaching as you produce it. Enjoy your day, I'll be thinking of you, having passed that milestone many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it was your birthday! Card still coming! The 50's are good. Enjoy! Yes, Kimkarlene is right - you will see things in a more settled way. You have already - I have sensed that. Happy Birthday, Laura! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Laura! Welcome to the club! It's wonderful to see you celebrating with thought and anticipation. My wisdom to share???...hmmm....The 50s have allowed me to become a student of myself, and life. (Without feeling guilty about it). Mostly, to be quiet and absorb things. The more I learn and listen, the more the opportunities to pass it on appear. God uses me when he sees fit, so it's liberating to know I don't have to do much, except be still and be in tune with him, my art, others, my surroundings, etc. I love it. So, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing everyone... good wisdom and I'm so grateful I can see and be in it right now in my life.

    The power of circle and a good group of women can work miracles can't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts