Is it sane to say I welcome this age 50 that is. Today is my birthday and it's been blessed by some Thunder beings,(I always love a good thunderstorm in the morning and during the day) which are giving life today instead of take it away...(old Native American belief about Thunder beings I picked up along the way in my readings) Any way I'm going to have a nice dinner out tonight nothing super big...in fact I'm moving to the less is more side of life as of the less conflict and chaos the better...which is a hard thing to do as I am the doer and seem to be always over stimulated and got a list a mile long to do...even today on my birthday I got a list going...you know the mundane things that keep us all sane. Well back to what ever I was rambling about...you see I can do that today it's my birthday..and I'm going to play that trump card too...all day... only day that it can be overlooked by others...other wise it is taken in the wrong tense..
Now where was I? I woke up and was given the words...you have wisdom now and how are you going to use that?...That's a slap that will set you back a bit when you are given that thought...You see I was taught by an elder that when you turn 50 that is the time you can teach...well with that in mind and not to let it go bonkers/ego... how will I do that now for the next part of my life...? How is passing on wisdom best done how is teaching most effected in others lives...? Wow I'm a bit scared here with the question popping up...
These are my thoughts or knowledge I've gathered so far.
1. teaching by actions is always more power then with words.
2. wisdom comes in many forms...being silent is the one of the most respected ways...it allows another to find their own path.
3. don't give the answer...no one is going to listen...They need their own experience to really understand and learn.
4. teach by asking the questions
5. always staying open to gain new perspective and perception, leads to more knowledge and understanding..
You may be wondering...What is this all about and why are you asking this question?
It's something I've been waiting for as I said I was taught you can't be a good teacher until after you turn 50...so some how or another I've been gifted with be an teacher that is in the art realm, which as become a passion as my son says and I've taken this gift with respect and caution so that's why I've looked forward to this day...Crazy as it sounds it's my day of Passage. I've watched my young adults go through many rights of passage and now it's my turn again to step through... I feel that I'm a student of life and the more that I can sit back and observe the more I will gain that wisdom...Now this doesn't mean this gal is going to sit back and let life pass her by...Oh no you bet I'm going to be living and living large in spirit and good old fashion fun...
Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizing of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to choose or act or inspire to consistently produce the optimum results with a minimum of time, energy or thought. It is the ability to optimally (effectively and efficiently) apply perceptions and knowledge and so produce the desired results. Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true or right coupled with optimum judgment as to action.
- good sense: the ability to make sensible decisions and judgments based on personal knowledge and experience
- wise decision: good sense shown in a way of thinking, judgment, or action
- accumulated learning: accumulated knowledge of life or of a sphere of activity that has been gained through experience
Gift me with your wisdom...