Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Session 8 Creative Writing Journal 101 part 1

 1. Strips of artist tape were laid down and gessoed over and then acrylic is added and stamps. I made the tape longer and folded it over on to the back side.
 2. Playing around with a stamp and creating a bigger image like a flower.

 3. Cut out shapes and used it again for a stencil on the next spread.. I really love the way it works and I know I'll be excited when I come to this page to write too.

 4. I got a phone call and was happily stamping the shapes when  realized I had dipped in to the wrong color on the palette...oops..oh well maybe it was meant to happen.. You can see the shape I cut out from the previous page. I glued it down on this spread...really adding more stress on the spin by adding to the book but character is growing.. I also did a few series of three hole punches to put some fibers hanging off.
 5. I was looking at this spread as I took a picture, thinking this is not a color choice I would have picked but it could work...green blue and maroon..
6. I like this spread mainly because of the birds on line stamp I made and while I was still chatting on the photo I was able to do a stitch up the page side...I was like on auto pilot when I was doing it before I knew it I was done...

7. My center stamping didn't work out as detailed as I would like...still on the phone and didn't want to be mean and use the hair dryer and kind of fanned it for a while and then turned the page and it still wasn't dry..bleed out...again still a great mistakes as it gives it a water color effect and who knows later on I may want to doodle on this page and add that detail.

more to come and the final pictures on this...

3 comments:

  1. Oh they look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All such bright and beautiful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks folks...A bit more red and pink on the last pages with a rainbow of color...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura