A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Saturday, January 08, 2011

My favorite hang out these days

I took some extra time yesterday to touch base on a few of my favorite things...first off sticking to the schedule of being in the studio each day or almost every day I framed up the commission piece...I have to say it went so smoothly...I do love to frame, cutting the mats and presenting the piece of artwork as proper as I can and putting the business card on the back with title, size and my info...Even though the piece was finished last week with varnish drying I really feel now it's finished.. completed...so after that I needed to tend to my dogs..my little four legged critters and walk them..though it was a bit cold out and some winds blowing in we still walked the whole neighborhood.  Hank met a fellow four legged Thunder..chow,lab. and possible Dane mix...was good for him to meet and great keeps him social...Me too. You see there are a few of stead dog walkers around here and some dogs are a bit more protective of the whole neighborhood then others..so after the walk I keep my layers on and went out for me...as of went to the woods and not with out my Creative Writing Journal and my Life is a Verb book...I had a taste for the homemade tomato soup and not with cream it straight up roasted tomatoes...so good and a turkey sandwich and some chips with a cup of green tea and cream...my kind of lunch...I was feeling so happy and I would have to say child like sitting there around 1:30 being present in my day and enjoy the best parts...feelings of gratitude flooded my gates...almost to tears as I sat there...thinking of a the home I have and my family and being able to do these simple peaceful things to recharge myself...
I had to come home though and get some title cards ready for the hanging at the aloft hotel....I have to say I was beaming the rest of the day and sleep really good..

Just a added bit of news...Scooby saves the day in the Chicago tribune this morning...

2 comments:

  1. What a great pair of heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your day...and your books...and you tomato soup! I also like the "straight up" kind - not creamy. My mom always had Campbells Tomato Soup when you didn't feel good, just made with water - no milk. I still love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura