A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Friday, July 30, 2010

My heart for a silent auction in Texas

Here is my heart for the Michael M. Rutledge Legacy Award and Ofrendas del Corazon, a silent auction featuring wooden hearts.  I was asked a few months ago and reminded just a few days ago that I might need to get a move on this...I'd not been in the studio in many days...it felt so good to get back in to the papers again.. I used my paper that were altered with Citrasolv and a few piece of my own hand made papers(cattails).  I main thought was to use the image of the boots..some how and for what reason I think if to say, "No one knows another person story or life until they walk in their boots or follow their footsteps".   I was lucky with the papers that I picked how they worked out.. I will hang on to this piece for a copy of weeks so the varnish is completely dry before I send it off..I also want to show the students in my workshop coming up the different surfaces you can use the technique with the coated papers and tack iron.. I am tickled by the way the leather stitching work and the hinge...Girl using her tools again...Just love it..
Well, much to do today and need to get a move on it.

You Tube info PSIA High Schoolarship

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great and it tells a wonderful story. You'll get a lot of bids, for sure! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan this is about 10 inches tall

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura