A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Art Tribe meeting

Don't know if I was willing for a change in my attitude or it just came in.... I've been in a bit of slump in my thinking department.  Be it the down time I'm taking with no classes for the summer or what but I sure did need a jolt of inspiration and good old fashion energy.   I joined a group of women back three years now and they've been meeting for over 11 years..It's always hard to join a group especially a group of women artist with all their specialities...big intimidation issue for me with the hidden self doubt a dose of low self esteem.  I question and second guess if this is a group for me to be in.. I'm not a drinker, or one that stays up late..so that's something not in common and then I'm still loaded with many young adults still living in the homestead ..there's a lot more activity then most of them have.. I have to admit I would go each time wondering if I would go back..I was always picking out things I wasn't sure about...as if I was to fit into this group..but each month the date would come around and I was doing  the fencing thing..should I go or shouldn't I.. And I would go..with my attitude of if I fit in.. As I write this out I think how pathetic... But I do battle with low self-esteem now and then...And being an artist, I'm in a place where this happens a lot..I wish it didnt' but when I make a piece of art, honestly yes I wish it to sell but with the economy it's has me guessing and questioning from time to time...and wondering is this the directions?  Well I have to say it was wild, exciting and full of major laughing something I've not done with a group of women or a group of people in along time..a bonding happen last night that I will be part of and I will remember the moment and we will talk about it later...just like they talk about things they all did way back as a group...I know I was excepted long ago.. but last nights meeting was a bit different... it was great and My doubting Attitude is restored.  I know I might share the day to day with you all but this was a big deal for me, I feel like a young teen growing through this but as you get older it's harder to make friends and trust new relationships because of things good and bad that happened in my/your past.  So as I ramble along being who I am in this life's journey finding out more and more about myself with the my passion in the arts.. If I didn't have a creative outlet to turn to even in times of doubt I think I'd be wear a white coat with straps in the back instead of the front.. thanks all for listen to me..

3 comments:

  1. I *totally* get what you are saying and feel these same things from time to time. Good for you on the sharing. And I am so glad you have found your tribe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I think you endured long enough to be accepted as you are. And with success and admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks girls for you support~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura