The Importance of self-esteem

The Importance of self-esteem continued.
The higher the self-esteem, the more ambitious we tend to be, not necessarily in a career or financial sense but in terms of what we hope to experience in life-emotionally, romantically, intellectually, creatively, and spiritually.

The higher our self-esteem, the stronger the drive to express ourselves, reflecting sense of richness within.


The higher our self-esteem, the more open, honest, and appropriate our communications are likely to be, because we believe our thoughts have value and therefore we welcome rather then fear clarity.

The Higher our self-esteem, the more disposed we are to from nourishing rather then toxic relationships.

The lower our self-esteem, the less we aspire to and the less we are likely to achieve.

The lower our self-esteem, the more urgent the need to “prove” ourselves or to forget ourselves by living mechanically and unconsciously.


The lower our self-esteem, the more muddy, evasive and inappropriate our communications are likely to be because of uncertainty about our thoughts and feelings, as well as anxiety about the listener’s response.

The first love affair we must consummate successfully in this world is with ourselves. Only then are we ready for a relationship.

Self-esteem is an intimate experience; it resides in the core of one’s being.

I'm sharing with you more from the book and when I read this I'm inspired, I want to be a person with good healthy feelings and honestly feel the joy that is all around me but when my self-esteem is on the low side it's hard to share..and I feel like a slug or pud. Again at this point heading into the Art Fair scene I have no Idea what it's going to be like out there and as I say I'm not selling hambrugers where that is more marketable these days or should I say a veggie sandwich...If I focus on the sales then I set myself up for disappointment so how to you go out and be an artist and keep going..? I read about all these different angles to have and how to make a sale etc but I'm thinking there's more to that...Rock bottom it is has to do with how I'm feeling about myself from the start. I can't allow the no sales to direct my life...as I read from the beginning of the book that I'm more then that or the problem, if I sell or not, so keeping my Mind in the right frame of mind is a good place to start for me..  Can't change the world but I can start with myself and how I see the world that will effect more then I know..

Comments

  1. Yeh, veggie burgers! Certainly can't let the low sales affect your esteem! You're doing great things and the world hasn't caught up yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wisdom! Such a balance act isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts