WWRWW

 WWRWW....Women Who Run With the Wolves

When my oldest child was about 8 years old, second was 5 and the twins, about 2 ish...Years really don't matter...they were young and I was young mother, meeting women in school where my children attended.   A wind came by with a whim of a thought to take this class or seminar about Women Who Run with the Wolves.  Even my Cousin Doris came out from Yorkville to attend.  Pretty cool. Maybe the children were younger...Oh heck, I'm lucky that I even remember something. Being mom and all that entails means you are giving all the time and some of your brain cells get given away too.

So in recovering a part of myself I took the course.  Wow I was in awe of the stories and the meaning so much so that I went to Anderson's Bookstore to get Clarissa Signature in my book.


Now, many years later, past menopause and adult children moving out, I'm in the grips of reading the book again. I take my cues from my environment and influences of nature and other women. Stumble upon a magazine and in the magazine were women artist and at least 75% of them had listed Women Who Run With the Wolves as a must read....Hmmm it's got me interested again. Plus most of last year I heard some other women in my Book club want to do an intense reading of this book again too. 

From New York Times .... it has become popular again. Wow this is an article and an half.

I have meet Clarissa as mentioned above and I am in awe of her voice and storytelling abilities.   It's like the Artist Way book by Julia Cameron...you love them both or don't...Really it doesn't matter what you think just as long as you find what influences an Awakening of Spirit...

There is much more to life than the surface stuff....there is the gift of stories. So I join a small group of women soon to venture into the pages of Wildness, Wilderness of the Wild Woman. Looking forward to where the discussion takes us. 

And 13 Reason Why you should read Women Who Run With Wolves... 

Comments

Popular Posts