Yard Work, Sandhill Crane

It's that time of year....

Raking the yard pulling back the leaves that left on the flower beds and the one that just built up.  I gather my stick and put them in a pile as you can see against the fences there.  Some bigger some small to start the fires with.  I make sure I have leaf bags and our town yard waste stickers to have them take them away for some farm or compost station nearby.   This whole process bothers my husband because of Spring weather we never know how it's going to be when I start the raking and an bagging to the time they can pick them up...I have to admit some bags get wet and aren't the easiest to put out for the pick up. 

So we had a few fun words with each other and end up laugh good and hard with joyful tears at the way I'm so determined to get this done...and How he has to gently struggle and hug the bags for fear they will bust open.  A Neighbor stopped by to talk about motorcycle stuff and they joked about the yard bag issue....guess it's not just happening over here at our house...hahaha lots of garden people do it.

Signs of Spring have been happen now for the past month...The Red Wing Black birds, the Owl's hooting, The spiders in the house....the chipmunks out and about...and the need I felt in myself to be out there doing this.  Shortly into the early afternoon did I understand.   The Sand Hill Cranes were coming over in Waves...circling on the heat thermals to go higher and and higher then off the went as the descended down and in the direction of north.   My daughter who when to Baraboo International Crane Foundation explained it as like riding a elevator up for awhile as high as you can go and then coming down slowly...till the next area where you rise up again...This Migrational  journey is not one that involves a lot of flapping of their huge wings...they use the areas of heat thermals. I watched them many times yesterday as they did this...circling with a gently flow in a circle...At times it looked like they would crash into each other but not a twitch from them. 

When you question if there is something bigger than you that guides us all,  I say witness this and you know and believe.  I understand now when my urges to do something become a bit obsessive, they can me of my own will but not this...I know why I was guided to rake and clean up my backyard...I soulfully need to be grounded in my presences here on earth and to witness Grace and space....so Awesome.  The fire smelled good and comforting too. 

Comments

Popular Posts