A day in the back yard


The front yard old growth as been pulled out, and bagged up. and now the back yard needed some small work done around the area of where the tipi goes up. I have Joe pye eye growing, bee balm, black eye Susan's and some tall grasses and this tall yellow flower thingy. The bees heaven when summer comes.  I rearranged the yard art except for my storm bells.  


Had to pull the mending kit out and do a bit of stitchery,  I bought my tipi a year and half ago and I'm not sure how many years it's been out side..got a deal because it was used.  And well it's cotton duck canvas that is sprayed with protective stuff but their to maybe last about 5 years...so this will start to happen where the cotton canvas as been effected by the natural course of mold.  I did put it away dry so....it's what it is now.  

I don't have any pictures, mainly because every time I take pictures of the sandhill cranes going over it's just a picture of the blue sky...which is nice and all but miss the whole concept of what the picture was about.  So back to the sandhill cranes.  I was so moved by their migration I said this is the day I'm setting up the tipi in honor of them...They know the season changes so I'm going to follow their lead.  It was so beautiful to hear their calling out to each other as the went by circling and finding the right thermals to hook to and ride the journey north. 
  




Comments

  1. I like your mending photo. It would make a great collage, wouldn't it? Hint, hint ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved the added stitch, especially if it's done by hand...I slip it in everyone now and then.

      Delete
    2. I've always loved the added stitch, especially if it's done by hand...I slip it in everyone now and then.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts