A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Flash from the past, Faces of an Artist- Happy Halloween

Courage to be Me

 Fear she has none
 Green with Envy
 A line of Passion
 Balancing Act
Grateful Beginnings


 I dare you to Understand

 Lenox Experience
 Keeping her Direction
 Pulling through doubt with a little faith


 Silent Frantic Inspiration


Trusted Instincts

Colors of my Soul 


All my masks were created some time ago when I made hand made paper every spring and summer. I look at these masks now as I post them and I'm brought back to the moment each one was created and how I was thinking...what's amazing to me is the same feelings are there as of fear, doubt, understanding along with gratitude and faith...they don't go away...be they become the  Colors of a Creative Soul. 

Most of them are hanging in my studio as reminders of the continued journey I'm on as an artist. A series done on 12 x 12 canvas and with hand made paper that were re-wet and draped over a foam mask, then let dry, coated on both side with bees wax to keep the sturdy then applied to the canvases. The assignment that I gave myself all had to be 12 x 12 a mask with  hair on the one side and something hanging down on the other with my feelings being expressed as best I could about the emotional state of being an artist. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh...I ike your art on this page...beautifull masks..<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura