Symbolizm of the Horses

I have a book that I refer to when I have encounters of the wild kind or creatures that seem to call out to me more then normal. Medicine Cards, by Sams and Carson...the book has seen many readings from me, the spin has seen many long moments of me reading over stuff.

So the horse is symbol of Power....the freedom of the movement and the taming of their spirits has allow humanity to travel longer distances.  In Native American Cultures the symbolism of the four directions...the Medicine wheel....the four color for each directions....all have great meaning.

I've always been fascinated by it all and all my life.  My play as I shared when I was young was of imagination I was the Indian not the cowboy.... and most time it was about being a horse or a lion...I would escape in the youthful moments from the age of 4 to 12. I would watch the nature show and Mutual of Omaha and be sweep away.

OK enough of reminiscing...on to the symbolism that I've gathered.
Horse come those in dreams...their medicine is of dream like proportion and One of great power.

Black Elk and many other Wise men have vision of them coming with great meaning and medicine to help all of humanity.

 (West direction) The Black  Stallion-that comes to helps one that is seeking answers, the power to enter through the darkness and find the light. This comes when in need of dreamtime.

(South Direction) The Yellow Stallion bring the illumination, to teach and  illuminate others.

( East Direction) The Red Stallion, bring the joys of balancing work  and heavy medicine with the joyful experience of play.  One can better hold attention of those he taught when humor was integrated with the lesson.

(North Direction) The White Stallion, is the message carrier of all the horses and represented wisdom in power. The White stallion is embodies the balance of the Medicine shield.
No abuse of power will ever lead to wisdom.


Now before I go on....I have to share that for the past few years I've been striving for an inner balance starting with myself and being able to carry that in all that I do...Tough task but one of a personal one. And a journey to Know Thy self ordeal...Well that I've been doing all my life I should say but really I've been seeking deeply the last few years.

So knowing this about myself I take intuitive hints seriously and All last year I did that....and to my surprise they added some great adventure and new experiences that I might say empowered me to trust my judgement and insight a lot more.

Back to Symbolism....taking the long journey here....Understanding the power of Horse, you man see how to strive for a balance medicine shield. True power is wisdom found in remembering you total journey. Wisdom comes from remembering pathways you have walked in another person moccasins. Compassion, caring teaching, loving and sharing you gifts, talents and abilities are the gateways to power.

Then from the Book...Medicine Cards, If your ego has gotten in the way, you many have failed to notice the lack of respect you have been receiving from others. You may, on the other hand, be struggling with others who are abusing their power. "Should I say something? Should I fight my desire to put them in their place?" You man be asking.  Remember the time in your own life when you have fallen out of grace of the Great Spirit, and then have compassion for the brothers and sisters who are now doing the same.  If you are overpowering another or feeling overwhelmed, Horse medicine in both the dignified and contrary positions is a simple reminder of how to balance your shields.

and it goes on....In allowing all pathway  to have equal validity, you will see the power of glory of the unified family of humanity. (Black Elk saw that in his vision...bring the four color of race and direction together for the good of all...in order to survive. personal comment) This is the gift of the Rainbow Warrior or Warrioress. The "I" has no place in the whirling rainbow that comes from the Great Mystery and is replaced by the universal "we" All colors of the Rainbow and all Pathways are honored as one.

There's the Most powerful part to this symbolism...and where I personal need work on...
Applying this knowledge and reclaim the power you have given away by forgetting to come from compassion. Untangle yourself from the present situation and understand that every human being must follow this pathway to power before galloping upon the winds of destiny.

I was asked by a friend about the symbolism or Ideation of them for me.

Personally... the beauty of the feeling of freedom I quickly latched on to...I want to feel winds rushing through my hair...the power of the wonderful animal...and knowing that they are much like large dogs. At this point In my life there isn't an room for a horse, fed and a barn or chickens to roam too. So I've been granted the gift to have a Big Black Great Dane and my horse/Dog companion...

I remember growing up and always loving the Palominos...  and then watching the Nature Documentary about "Cloud"  Knocked my socks off...really fulfilled a moment in my childhood and had me relive it recently...

Being and artist and able to express something so deeply ingrained in me is a gift...I'm so thankful, to be be able to express through art.

My piece will be call the The Danada Herd... I was going to call it Danada Gang but that from my new understand is for the Bacholars...a family is a Band...and a gather of bands is a head....Which I'm sure there's some smaller groups of horse at the Danada place...so there is its and always more to be revealed.

off to do a demo and share and teach today...

Comments

  1. Getting into those horses. I will have to forward a page about the heart of the horse and its healing power for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts