It's Tack Down Tuesday #3 for June 2011


Week 3, "Peace in the chaos" 8 x 8 collage with 2" white mat all sides.
Materials: Stained tissue papers, gessoed and painted white lunch bags, gessoed and painted Kraft paper, words painted on parchment paper, resist magazing pages, coffee and polymer paper, and some hand made paper from yucca leaves and Iris all paper is coated before hand to protect acid counts and then fused to the watercolor paper with a heat seal iron. Some black thread is added to tie it all together.

" this piece was created in the studio last night while I was talking to my mom, who is visiting my very sick uncle in Florida. As she shared, she also shared the troubles the family is going through and it just had me pulling at my insides. I don't understand, but as I listened to her I could hear a peace, and it hit me even though there is life all around us going on we can still carry our own peace in side. So with a wonderful end to my 50th birthday yesterday I settled into the studio and reflected on all that was around me..my favorite colors, love and the wonderful blue as the symbol of peace." ~Laura Lein-Svencner~

Sold-6-21-11

Delivered with in two weeks or less in the states, longer if out of the states.

Comments

  1. An absolutely beautiful collage Laura! You are soooo creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts