Session 4 Creative Writing Journal 101 part 1

1. Opening up the CWJ, I wasn't going to waste any paint so I'm working with a color from one of my other works..I brushed it on and used the baby wipe to pull it off..subtracting the paint to the desired values I like..now you won't be able to pull off the acrylic paints on the area where the gesso isn't..Mainly because it soaked in really fast. But where the gesso was you can play around with it because it's not soaking in to the book pages it created an resist.. Looks like mud doesn't it? that's ok later I can add more things to it if I want or just start writing over and move on to the next page..
2. Second page spread..I'm showing you my box of special stamps made from Blick Art Material 1 x 1 erasers.. I use them here and there in different creative endeavors..there fun to make too. I especially like to use them with the CWJ's. (added a bit of purple to the muddy color I had on the last page, hard to tell I know..)
3. Here you can see the stamping and some added color...I can still play around with this spread if I would but I think I'm just going to let it go.. 
4. Stamps..close up view....after and before. Blick art materials  makes the 1 x 2 erasers too. which I also have and use..later on I'll pull them out. Gum Erasers
5. A quick little drawing of a tulip and an exacto knife..be gentle so not to cut yourself..Also be gentle cutting them out because the eraser is so soft...after I've made a stamp when cleaning them off I've actually broke a tail off a fish so as I said before be gentle...Usually when cleaning I just plop them in the bucket of soapy water and then use a stiffer brush to help clean the stamp off, then pat and stamp them on a paper towel and your done. I like to store them in the box they came in, that is when you by a box full...Might as well...tee hee their great fun to make and have...

Comments

  1. Hi Laura,
    I really enjoy your blog. Thank you so much for all that you share.
    I have a question about the erasers that you carve. Are they the art gum or the soap erasers from Blick? Thanks!
    RoByn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn,
    Great to meet ya...I put a link up of this post for the erasers...their Gum Erasers...They come in two different sizes.. 1 x 1 x 1 and 1 x 2 x 1's

    Have fun with them..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts