Which way was I heading?

I had a list a mile long and attended as best I could...I decided to take my walk early which by the third time around I had my granny run bumped up a notch...the no-see-em bugs are nasty out there..what I found out though is they don't come out right away earlier in the morning as the day heats up then they come out.. I was thankful I had my bandanna with me cause I used it like a horse tails to swat the bugs away.. the one lady coming into the woods as I was leaving ask are they that bad and I said there are moments of thickness...

When I got home I started on some of the homestead things to do and also on an idea I've been toying around.. I want to do a class in October at Naperville Art League but of course I need the approval of all the higher ups and to make sure the dates are open...

here's the class description..and I received the approve to go ahead with it...

Mixed Media Mini’s

Tuesday’s Starting Oct 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th
Times 9:30-2:30
Instructor: Laura Lein-Svencner

Are you up for the challenge to work in a small format?

Mixed Medias such as acrylics, watercolors, inks, textured mediums, colored pencils, found and handmade papers combined with hand carved stamps will be introduced. Students will use symbols, gesture lettering, collage papers and images with a variety of transfers’ techniques, all offered to the amazing size 2” x 2” on a watercolor substrate. Each work session will be set up like mini workshop with lunch breaks in between. Supply list available upon registration to ensure individuality, plus a small supply fee will be collect in first class for added supplies. Student as asked to bring brown bag lunch and drink, or stroll to the wonderful corner neighborhood deli.

Register with Naperville Art League at 630-355-2530
Minimum 5 students Maximum 12 students
$136.00 for 4 weeks 5 hours each class.


I really do love working in the studio space there at the art league...funny how that is..but when you presenting a class, you look at the space how things flow and the easy way in for the students and out especially when they are hauling art supplies and the final is the parking that always will get you..so here at Naperville Art League it is great, right out on the street..

I've got to finalize some details but this will be the class I'm teaching this October, right after the workshop on the 1,2, and 3rd..

Now what I have to do is work up some samples...so I have them to show..need to get busy..

I've also been putting things in last minute speed mode here as I will be presenting my 3rd Annual Outdoor Studio Exhibit, Sept 3rd, 4th and 5th with two other artists, Doris Lein and Nancy Cole..  I should have been working on this last month but the hormones had me hostage and I couldn't think straight so it is the way it is...scrambling but all will work out.. What is funny is realizing that things can hold someone up that can be mostly outside influences but for me it's the inside one that hold me up... well working thought it all and doing well.  Time to bust a move as the old schoolers say.. Oh what fun it is to be creative..so thankful that.

Comments

  1. I love reading your posts and emails. Having just finished reading "War of Art" I keep thinking of you as the one prime example that woman can beat Resistance. Shine on dearest Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aghh the bugs! I swear more than a hundred mini moths flew in my back door one night last week and then this week a swarm of mosquitoes flew in! I don't have to go outside to get bit! Good work on new classes and looking forward to outdoor show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts