Sunday, August 15, 2010

another page for the journal today.

Worked in the yard all morning..mostly about 3 hours worth...My horoscope said to rejuvenated myself today. I couldn't think of a better way, either in the woods or working in the yard...I was able to do some much needed weeding too.  Carl my four legged buddy was happy I was in the back yard with him.. I was planning on finishing, taking a shower. having lunch and then sneaking in a movie..but it will have to wait. As the husband needs the vehicle home to fix it right(brakes).. duh..so maybe tonight.. I turned my time around an fit in a quick sketch but then came back in with my tiny watercolor set I got from a children's party favor that I stick in my case that has a pencil, pencil sharpener, two ink pens, kneaded eraser and the tiny watercolor set...all I really need.
The case is really an eye glass case but it works prefect for the sketching supplies...I seem to not need the case as I wear the glasses all the time except for bed.. at that age now..darn it.

Well I have one more page to do and then I'm going to ship this journal to Georgia for my art buddy/friend. Lorraine, she's a high school art teacher and she works with the kids and does journals like this all the time..
But I want to get the cover done first so maybe a few more weeks..Heck no biggie as the journal will not be needed to come back till next year this time..Yes this is part of my Make Your Mark Journal Project..

3 comments:

  1. Love your drawing and your journal page, Laura. And your tiny paints - I carry one of those around with me sometimes too! I have some of those Japanese Lanterns in my garden too. Forgot I had planted seeds last year and started to pull them out, thinking they were weeds. Then saw the little lanterns hanging, but mine are still green. Remember them from when I was a child. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April I see your sketching in your journals and they inspire me.. so as you can see I've followed your lead...

    I found these beauties hidden behind my weeds...so orange and so strong when you hold them I figured they would be so paper thin but that comes after I guess when it drys out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had brought home lantern seeds to plant years ago and sometimes I find them in the yard and sometimes not. Probably not the same seeds I had planted. Beautiful sketch!
    I've never had a nice rectangular eyeglass case!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura