Finally...it's only been about two months.
I set up the tents so that I would have shade and protection for the elements as I wandered my way back into paper making. Hand paper making at that. The beauty of the flags hanging was enough but I questioned what else are you going to do with them just leave it at that. Preparing the fibers took some time and well I needed good blocks of time to be totally focused on making the paper. I tell you with the first batch of pure yucca that was a struggle as the fibers separate but still very stringy and chunky. I only have a few blenders I use so the water and pulp need to be blended in blender glass sizes one at time.
So enough with my makers drama I am happy to say simple things like pulling sheets of paper bring such joy. Being outside in nature listening to the sounds and being present in the moment. There is this peace about it all and hearing the water drip...in a way that reconnects all things. The paper hanging now in the photo's dried over night and I'll be ready for another batch. This batch will have some cotton added to it creating a lighter paper and the yucca fibers blend together with the cotton and it's easier to pull a sheet.






Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura