Little Daily Journal
this journal is the size of a post card, 4 x 6 and it has a hard cover recycled from a watercolor pad and the paper on the outside is made with a Eco Dying process with rust and vinegar with tea and copper.
Learned this in a class. Yes I do take classes now and then wish I could take more but not enough time in my days or weeks.
I pick up thing or carry other bits of things around with me so I created a pocket section in the middle with the coffee filter paper and a made it stronger with another sheet of computer paper. The ribbon was from something I purchased a while ago. And the inside pages are a 24 lb. copy paper from staples.
Here is an image of the 10 gallon coffee filter after it's been on a rust pan, sprinkled with Hibiscus tea and sheets of copper. The ability to create what you need is really a awesome thing. Let me keep learning is all I say.
When I'm in the book binding mode, I prepare the covers before hand, all out of the watercolor pads...I seem to use a lot of them. The pads of watercolor paper are 18 x 24 so I can make use of the back board the pad is attached to.. Reuse and recycle as much as you can. This is a older photo, soon though some journals will be made...not into that cycle season yet.









Oh, you are one of my BLESSINGS of this year!! So enjoyed your workshop in WI and YOU!!!!
ReplyDeletethank you so much, we did have a good time and great connections.
Delete