Day two and our mascots

 No title yet, but this is the demo I created on the first day....I picked a wild child palette to show how you can pull it together. Image transfers, a photo, scribbling, stenciling stamping...you name it. 




 I had everyone put the big brown bag underneath as a work surface and all the extra paint we used would go there then we put that together and add more stenciling, stamping, splattering and blocking off areas. to have a huge sheet of collage paper to cut as we see needed. Hard not to make it into a piece of art itself. 
 This is an ideal workspace for artists, 



A few photo's of the process of assembling the papers...more was made but we are really playing hard and lost in the process for sure.  Though there were times when we spotted our little four legged friends.

 Baby field mice we thought one...but when you see one there is probably a few more....our first one was seen on the first day but we let it be...but when it came back in the afternoon they were sure gutty's little things and coming right out in daylight.   So I grabbed a little clear box and was able to capture two of them and put them outside. 
 The were about 2" big not including the tale....moved fast but not with any knowledge yet....
 I was trying to get a photo here but as you can see it went in to fast jumping mode....and came at me by my feet and I got all giddy about this and had it jump at my shoe...isn't that wild how a tiny things can go right at you and make you be so scare that it will make you jump...hahaha.

Being the relationship I've had with the meaning of mice/or a mouse I felt it was possible to met and put the little thing outside...with the second on..who knows it could have been the first one that came back in to the building.  I know there were a few that just got the creepy-crawlies to see them and I saw them moving way back.  So we will see how many more will be around today...it's a natural thing for the mice to come in and look for a warmer place to winter. 


After our session today we were able to visit Jane Wilcoxson's Gallery.  Such a delight to chat with her and catch up on things.  We are standing by my work on the walls they're behind us.  Silly as it sounds when see the work on the walls, it's like visiting old friends... There is some great works and fun creative stuff too.

On to our last day together....at Shake Rag Alley,

Comments

Popular Posts