Xray's and just PT.....All is good

A combination of activities this past year have lead to a pain in my knee, which only got worse.  Most of June and July I've been limping and cutting back on any activity.  Yoga has been a lifesaver.  I made an appointment then the pain would get better and I would cancel it..only to have it flare up again.

This time I kept my appointment...funny how my childhood flashes back in my face.  Every time I would go into the Doctor I would hear about my weight and I just was cringing this encounter too.  Yes it's true, I should be taking a couple of pounds off...but that's not all I am and who I am...this kind of first response when going into a doctors shouldn't be but I do see the importance. Weight creeps up on you so face that if you don't stay vigal with it you wonder who side swiped you with it. Or you might be saying when did I pick up that Ass? Hahaha.

So knowing that I had to keep moving somehow I stepped up my yoga routine a bit and I have to say things are getting better,  Though my two dogs are at a loss because we were at least a 5 times a week walkers.   Which I so enjoyed.  But the corn on the toe....which happy to say is gone and the angle of the road and the pulling of Gracie...bloodhound lab mix just created this whole deal of knee pain.

So I kept my appointment this time and went in....no mention of weight and they wanted to know about my pain and what lead to this all. Follow the nurse to the x ray room and had my knees x rayed and then before you knew it the doctor came in and we were talking and he showed me my knees and said I had a bit of arthritis and that I have a this long word, blah, blah blah... but what is boils down to is like a Runner's knee.   I start my Physical Therapy this week. I could probably not go but I do want to keep walking and moving so looking for professional help on this.

So begins the healing process and I've been taking Gracie to the dog park to let go of the built up energy she's been storing.

Oh the doctor said I have good mobility....(Smiley Face)  As that's much better to here then lose weight...though I do need to head the other way on the scale at least to be able to keep moving as of walking in the woods, that's all I seek at this time.  I'll give it a month and see...though I can do stairs but with heighten awareness for sure and good body alignment. Awareness and Balance

My personal drama.... though had me down in the dumpers a bit.   Grieving my lost of what I wasn't able to do.  It's brought some awareness to keep doing but in a different ways.  Stay on course with my projects.  I know that staying on course and taking small step towards the direction your to go in...it adds up in the end.  So all is good.

 Gracie
Hank....

my four legged friends...

Comments

Popular Posts