I picked a card a day-Vulnerability


Inner Compass Cards
created by Neel Van Lierop

Yesterday I had the list of things I wanted to touch on before the workshop.  Vulnerability has been a big word for the past few years, Brene Brown has made that a household name...which is wonderful. Power of Vulnerability    The real stuff is life is made of that we don't want to show.  I listened to this on the way up with my hoopla library account,I was able to download it. Any ways... enough of the plugging. 

I've been doing and creating my collage art for over 24 years and many works have been a process of mistakes that I used to learn about how the art materials work or how a composition sets the best. It comes a bit easier for me because I've been doing it so long but I know this Vulnerability thing well.

I shared yesterday about no growth in the perfection fields of life.  On the outside you many look the part but your no fooling anyone on the inside.   The real life stuff comes when you opening practice this vulnerability.  it seem so counterintuitive to honor you mistake but that's the RAW stuff.

So sharing process work with art students....hmmm how does one do.  I first have to welcome in my own vulnerability in front of them.   You mean your not perfect, your the teacher...Hell no if anything I'm the student just like you all.  Staying open is the key...being will to try, take the risks to see what happens.   A young child that has no outside influence of years past would be eager to be in this spot.  Thought children these days are so much younger of age are seeing with constant media flashed in their little face that this "IS HOW IT IS" when in fact they lose out on the experience to take risk trying things out for themselves and learn.....this whole process is so important in forming a little one and now as adult having to relearn....stepping back and see what fun it can be to create with your sidekick of young learning. We grow up to become young again...maying the circle of life. 

We will venture in today...to the inner part with the outer influences....from some a scary part for other an eager life's joy.  No matter what I put myself in the realms of guidance and service.  Some things I will be able to help with but other things I know will be the students job.

Ramblings but oh so much more.....I'm hip on my RAW perspective of life...The REAL, AWESOME, WHOLE  stuff.

To creating  we go...Day 2 at The Clearing, Abstract Mini Landscapes....Let's Do This !!

Comments

Popular Posts