Raw Sketch Journal

 While waiting to use the kitchen, other family members do their own food prep for the week and we take turns, I found myself pulling out a small 6 x 6 journal.  It that journal was a picture of our faithful friend Carl...passed a few years ago.  The photo is under some deli paper and glue to a few other piece of the sketchbook.  I add some hand stitching in there and use the inside of the envelopes that I've been receiving my W2's in...kind of cool patterns in there for security.

 Turn the pages and started using my inktense pencils and staying with a limited palette is forcing me to bring in the value. And with the big moon and eclipse I was inspired to place a circle shape on the papers.
Nature and trees now are a bit bare...and with the clear window's in the envelopes I used it sideways for pockets. Brown Kraft paper was brought in and Raw Umber acrylics. The next page was led with a smuged of brown paint and the Kraft paper and some black thread to hold it on the pages.  Tying knots...having some fun with it.  Holding back on doing more to the pages...I flip to the next page and glue it together for more support. 


 A friend gave me some duck feathers she had gathered and I have one under the clear plastic area there. Grabbed a paper from my eco dying class a while back with the black walnut and India Ink on the Coffee filter. Almost time for the kitchen... 

Comments

Popular Posts