A few steps from the Demo Today

I used a stencil and gloss medium on the watercolor paper before I coated the surface with gloss medium.  This creates a resist with the gloss medium
 Using a bit of acrylic on a baby wipe I rubbed color over the area that I stenciled with the gloss. Of course it was dry before I did this...The acrylic soaked in.

 Then I use a pastel pencil and made gestural marks. Though sometimes the pigment of the pastels will not release on the glossy surface..but it's fun to see what does.

 Next I felt like it needed some stamping of lines and then I coated everything let it dry and started the collage part of this piece.  The little squares were inspired by the stencils and using more of the Blue Violet color I seem to be attracted to lately.

 Deli paper painted and printed, gray and white to the citra solv magazine paper I collage around the Black Ink Tree image.
 Bring in the papers and repeating the colors, shapes and having some fun.


Stand Sturdy in the Wings
8 x 8 
Collage on watercolor paper 

With the blue violet color and the movement that is created by the repetitive areas I placed the color I feel that represent the wind.  Using pastel pencils and wax crayons along with acrylics, glazing and shadowing this piece is complete for the Demo today at Indian Prairie Public Library.  I'll be there next Wednesday at 9:30 till 11:30 

Comments

Popular Posts