A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Trying some things out

 So I've always wanted to use that glue gun again...but not to glue stuff down with. So I can making my own stencils how cool is that?

 Well of course I didn't use the same stuff but found out if I put the high fluid acrylics in a spray bottle I could get a nice mist with it. Than I found my atomizer I bought so long ago....and it worked great...dip that short end in the acrylic paint and blow from the long black tip.  And soon a nice mist comes out.


 Then you can cut shapes out and then use the hot glue and make stencils with a nice edges...can't wash them thought the watercolor paper would just go limp.  Oh I tried the black ink and the razor blade too...These are some thing I found in the book that I feel I could use in my collage mixed media making that I do.
I was very fortunate to meet Jo at my Workshop in Arizona last November...what  joy that was and some great Ideas too in this book...Jo Toye   If you like to explore a bit more painting this has some awesome techniques to vamp up you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura