Thursday, May 07, 2015

Refrain

 Step 1.  coat Kraft paper with Gesso
 Step 2 thick areas scribe with some texture tool
 Step 3 let dry
 Step 4 pick out your drawing tools.
 Step 5...Draw, make gestural marks and out line shapes you see etc.
 Step 6 introduce paint.
 Step 8 introduce drawing tools again.

 Step 9 make more paper from what you are inspired with your Larger abstract paper. I had made these squares and triangles as a design pattern...so I made a whole sheet from a white lunch bag.
Step 10 some of the colors I had paint left over I worked it out on some sheet music and well made bit more paper and coated with polymer...Ready for today studio time. 

Refrain
24 x 24 
Collage on 2" deep wood panel. 

I've been working this idea and process out in my head and would like to introduce to my workshops but before I did that I had to make sure it worked. Happy share share the results.  Revisiting a style of my older works I had a blast.  

The meaning behind this piece is to Refrain yourselves...have some boundaries in relationships.  Put the brakes on before you react. 
I will bring this up to WI and then hopeful get back home with it and get a professional photographed and have it ready for the National Collage Society...Hmm when is that due date. 

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Absolutely love it...I feel some studio paint time is necessary today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roseanna...I'm finding this process very freeing..and a bit of a flashback you my youth...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura