You just got to show up every day....

Every day

put your apron on

where it well.

From all that I've read to reaffirm where I stand in my life and the day, has said the same thing...Show up. I'm so grateful to have a place to show up to and be creating in....

I was told you never know where insight, Good Orderly Direction, intuition comes from, it could be people, place or things as the resource. Staying open to them all is challenge....and where am I going?

God only knows....books seem to a quick go to...loving this book Trust the process by Shaun McNiff.  when I read it I feel like someone final gets it...but this is about art therapy and well I've been using art for understanding and connecting all my life. So to read this all is really speaking to my whole being.

My rock this morning gave the message-"Let go of perfect."   And well in the chapter of this book on Distilling...

As we contemplate physical forms, we discover a corresponding structure and force in our lives. They help us to see ourselves. 

All forms of creative perception extract essential features from nature. Artists strive to get to the heart of life, to the core of the matter, and they are known as much for what they omit from their interpretation of nature as for what they include. In the creative process, "seeing" is as important as "doing." 

Elimination is essential to concentration. When you can't find the way through a situation, it might be better to reflect on what is already presenting itself. As you choose what to omit, you indirectly select what to keep. 

Getting to the core through elimination goes counter to the human instinct to save and hoard. We grow attached to whatever enters our environment and accommodate to its presence. 

As you work, your forward-moving process of expression requires deletion. Think of your previous gestures as contributions to building the image. 

In the artistic process and in daily life, it is always challenging to eliminate and let go. Today's foreground becomes tomorrow's back ground.   

isn't that the truth?

As long as you live, keep learning how to live.  ~ Seneca


With getting prepared for this Outdoor Studio Exhibit....which for me has been a good month long process, I can't say how much I'm learning and what things I'm putting into action and other things I'm just letting go of.   As usually I can't focus on one thing and keep the blinders on...well I can but while I'm doing that I've got two pans on the stove and the dish washer open and typing out a few things for a workshop proposal and getting ready for a class as of experimenting a process to see where it will lead... In this state of forward motion....more ideas keep jumping in wanting to hook on be seen....and I keep just putting the apron and showing up....it's exciting and there's drama and well it's life and a good life at that....Husband said, "Get going faster on this all so I can retire".....Oh honey.....I'm trying.

Well time to pull out the art today...as of out of storage all over the house and take a look at it, inventory it and sort it and then getting it ready to haul down stairs next week....I've been picking through it all year long for different shows, events and fairs so time to get my act together....

Comments

Popular Posts