Locked myself in the studio yesterday

It was on the list of things that had to be done for Thursday....Studio time that is.  I usually fall into it on Thursday natural but some weeks are busier then others and I have to make sure I still block out that time. Though I do spend time in the studio through the week and weekend.  Thursday's the day...This Thursday it took me longer to get up there.. Was about 1:00 in the afternoon...


 The Danada Gang is forming nicely... The nice black guy in the front of this gang is Captain Morgan, When I first started going an visiting the horse at the Danada Equestrian Stables he was separated from the all the other horses...And he was a gentle soul...the children's class was sitting outside and they were having lunch.  Some of them were petting Captain... then I was right there with them and he was attentive to us all.

 The Gray smudges under the horse is just the Grey acrylics and glazing medium mixed together and rubbed in and off... I think there is about 20 or so horse there at the stable but I didn't fit them all in...it was the image I saw that one cold winter day them all standing in one direction with the winds and snow blowing all around them.

I've made papers but using the large paper letter stencils and laid them under the Kraft paper and then applying the gesso and spreading it over the surface and the way the inner paper pieces laid is effect I got...it wasn't till after I applied the paper that remember seeing the hoof prints in the snow and how this paper looks similar...kind of a meant to be moment.


I had my daughter come in and take a picture of me working on the pieces...yes that little tack iron fuses the papers on the big canvas...working one area at time...I really get to see the papers up close and there's a lot of time forming a good solid relationship with the piece too. Heck my memories were flooded with how I would pretend I was a stallion taking care of my heard...silly but that's how long my connection with horse has been...I was in awe when I went to my cousin house when they had horses and up to my grandfathers farm to ride the American pony...a little girl things that still is a strong force to reckon with. A passion for them...

Danada Gang...36 x 48 collage on Canvas

I will have a professional photo taken of it, right now it's from my studio and it was dark last night when I finished.   Put in a good 6 hours yesterday.

Now I would like to watch this series I saw on Nature....The Cloud Herd...  I caught glimpse of it on the Nature channel and missed when it would be on...I might have to purchase the doc. movie of it and have it as my own collection in the studio...

Well off to run to Blicks Art Materials..for a few things today...got a Demo Sunday and looking forward to it...

Comments

  1. Love seeing the process, the progression, the final outcome. Beautifully done, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this is a fantastic piece... If this is result of locking yourself in your studio, I might just give that a try! You could probably see the show about Cloud's herd on the PBS channel if you have a roku (or whatever the other brands are called). There's also a series about Cloud when he was a baby, which is very good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sharmon, I sat and watch the first two yesterday....oh what a wonderful job she had to film them...it was really awesome to watch that...that's the way I like to see this wonderful four legged creatures...like the deer that run out there too.

      Delete
  3. I do like the Visions added, stirs some primate sensing of what I'm seeing, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh had to fit the visions in there...thanks,

      Delete
  4. You really put yourself out there with this one. The challenges you set up for yourself lead you to unexpected outcomes. You're getting braver...more confident in your work and in your life, it shows. YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn I say I don't give a hoot about what will sell or not it's about creating what I really want to. I do whole of it but piece like this run so deep and way back in my own history of likes and memories...It's been over a year now that I've been toying with doing pieces such as this...and thinking of more...that old "What if" has me hooked... Thanks for your support these last 30 days...it means a whole lot to me.

      Delete
  5. Watching this piece develop was a great lesson for me. Great result...thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts