Trip in to the city mid Jan...Chicago Artist Coalition workshop

Found this picture in my email box this morning. 

Me sitting there in the black and white checked vest and white shirt here in the right corner. 

I belong to the Chicago Artist Coalition and they have been having through the years workshops for creative folk in all mediums...dance, visual, film etc. I usually go to the ones on the weekend or during the day. Easy to park and get in and out of the city.  The Red Head there...is Lauren Levato...she's a little dynamite of energy and gusto.

I like to be kept in the loop on what's going on in the art world well my art world that close to me...and being that these little workshop are offered for simple ten spot I go and listen... I don't always do what is the next thing out there to do but I take it back and see if later it could fit in. They always keep me aware and open to the ever changing opportunities going on in the art world and business.

So I signed up and that's on Jan 18th...hoping it's more on the normal side of winter....not like what we are having - 14 now with out windchill... with wind chill it's even colder.

Off to do some  filing work and to the studio to make a tack down piece.

As an added tip...writing an artist statement when you have multiple bodies of work...interesting I thought. 

Comments

  1. Always upgrading that artist statement! Hope the weather cooperates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts