Just sharing highlights I pulled from for class yesterday

For warn you now, it's along post....but this is what I pulled to share with our Class this past Monday. I have to say there's nothing like the power of a group sitting and listening to each other.. So great.

Week 3
Recovering Sense of Power-Unaccustomed bursts of energy and sharp peaks of anger, joy, and grief. You are coming into your power as the illusory hold of your previously accepted limits is shaken. You will be asked to consciously experiment with spiritual open-mindedness.
**Read out loud the paragraph about anger.
Anger- is fuel, meant to be listened to, respected and acted upon not acted out. 
·        What do you do with your anger?  Do you stuff it, deny it, bury it, block it, hind it lie about it medicate it, ignore it?
·        Anger is a map, a sign of good health.
·        Take a look this week and see what and where you anger is leading you.
·        Anger tells us we can’t get away with our old life any more..
·        Anger is use-full.
 
Synchronicity-Answered prayers
 
·        Are we dismissing this as sheer coincidence or afraid there might be a God-Good Orderly Direction.
·        Possibility is more freighting then impossibility.
·        Can it be life as you make it? Ask and you shall receive? Knock and it shall be opened to you?
·        What calls to our deepest selves, we answer that call, when we commit to it; we set in motion the principle of synchronicity, defined as a fortuitous intermeshing of events.
·        Is it possible for an intelligent and responsive universe, to act and react in our interests?
***Read page 66, last three paragraphs.
Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.
 
Shame - enemy of self-sabotage.
·        It’s a controlling device.
·        Making a piece of art can feel like telling a family secret.
·        “The act of making art exposes a society to itself. Art brings things to light. It illuminates us it sheds light on our lingering darkness. It casts a beam into the heart of our own darkness and say, See?”
·        Often we are wrongly shamed as creative. From this shaming we learn that we are wrong to create.
·        As artist we must learn to be self-protective. And learn to create our own Safe Environments.
·        Again be firm with ourselves and don’t pick up the first doubt. Counter it with affirmations
·        The antidote for shame is self-love or self-praise. Realize we have been hurt and need time to heal. And you will heal.
 
Dealing with Criticism-Sort it out for yourself
·        As artist we are far more able to do this sorting than people might suspect.
·        Sorting Criticism, 1. Pointed Criticism, 2. Useful criticism, 3. Useless criticism
·        Remember where you are could be stepping stones and necessary to take to the next piece of art you make.
·        Get back on the horse, Creative work is the only cure for criticism.
 
Detective Work and Exercise
1.      My favorite childhood toy was?
2.      My favorite childhood game was?
3.      The best movie I ever saw as a kid was?
4.      I don’t do it much but I enjoy?
5.      If I could lighten up a little, I’d let myself?
6.      If I weren’t too late, I’d
7.      My Favorite musical instrument is?
8.      The Amount of money I spend on treating myself to entertainment each month is”
9.      If I weren’t so stingy with my artist, I‘d buy him/ her?
10.   Taking time out for myself is?
11.   I am afraid that if I start dreaming?
12.   I secretly enjoy reading?
13.   If I had had a perfect childhood I’d have grown up to be?
14.   If It didn’t sound so crazy, I’d write or make a?
15.   My Parents think artists are?
16.   My god thinks artists are?
17.   What makes me feel weird about this recover is”
18.   Learning to trust myself is probably?
19.   My most cheer-me-up music is?
20.   My Favorite way to dress is?
Growth-Two steps forward one step back
·        A creative recovery is a healing process. You are capable of great things on Tuesday, but on Wednesday you may slide backward. This is normal Growth occurs in spurts. You will lie dormant sometimes. Do not be discouraged Think of it as resting.
·        MORNING PAGES WILL SEEM POINTLESS, they are not! Keep doing them
·        God, Good Orderly Direction helps those who help themselves”
·        Be alert for support and encouragement from unexpected quarters.
·        Be open
·        Practice saying yes to such help
·        Important part of growth is Experimenting with solitude. Make the commitment to check in on yourself and have some quiet time.
·        Baby yourself, Take the break.
On to the Job of Dog Walker this morning...and a pop up class at Naperville Art League..going to do some printing and a small book making.. kind of excited to give myself this special treat.
 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts