A daily dose of collage creativity, in images, words and thoughts. Always remember, "Everything will be alright in the end...if it is not alright it must not be the End"

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Best in Show....Two months in a row !!!


I had wanted to hang this piece in the Naperville Fine Art Center and Gallery last year right after I had just finished it but with the way the drop off and pick up dates lined up with another show I had to make a choice. And I decided to hang with the Midwest Collage Society and the Addison Center for the Arts. So now the theme was Far Far Away and I thought this would be fitting this year.  When I went into teach today I saw it won "Best in Show"  this piece is called As the Crow Flies.  It's 6 Wooden panels piece bolted together, 1-30 x 30, 4-10 x 10 and 1- 10 x 30, final size 40 x 40 and weighs 32 pounds.  Layers of maps, magazine, engineer plans, Stained tissue papers, painted drawing paper, misc. found papers, acrylic and Image transfers. Some day I'll create a few more like this...was a challenge but a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Laura! Fantastic! Congratulations. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...a fabulous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You gals Means a lot from you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura