- It’s important to know your goals, goals direct and focus your activities.
- How do you want this year to be different?
- Think about business, product, marketing and sales. Perhaps you want to expand your client base, improve customer service, boost repeat sales, exhibit at more places or find gallery representation.
- Goals should motivate you. The more important they are to you and the more you see real value in achieving the. The more likely you are to realize them. Be realistic so you can accomplish.
- Begin each phrase with, I will not I hope to or I would like to. Also make sure there positive.
- If the list is a long one prioritize the items.
- Goals are a lot easier to accomplish when there are tangible ways of measuring, so try to be as concrete as specific as possible.
- Have self meetings to see if your on track
Well the inspiration or guidance for 2011 came from the article above and I like that and will use it again for tracking out my goals for 2012...some many people frown about doing them I use them as a sort of compass..I don't follow it exactly but it helps me stay in track. Especially with all the social media going on it's so easy to go astray and follow someone else compass and then all of a sudden you wake up one morning and wonder why your not being true to you dreams and ideas.
So here I'm going to look over what was good and what might need to be added and subtracted from this years goal list.
I look over the year that has past....Judged a few art shows and exhibits. Over a year ago started a book discussion group with very creativity like minded woman, did some tag team teaching in the Glass arts field, Said yes to some great opportunities for growth and education. I was able to travel to Upper Wisc. to teach for the first time a intensive collage workshop just before my 50 birthday and that gave me the opportunity for a little retreat too. Continued my teaching and demonstration of collage with all that I've learned. I had a bang up fall with my own outdoor studio show, and being invited to jury into the One of a Kind show and being accepted and carrying out 4 days of intensive exhibiting.. with many sales and my Solo show at the Downers Grove Library was a big hit with sales also. Had a few scared moments with the Husband and his unexpected hospital stay for Legionnaires disease which has been all arrested and he's on a good mend now...I've stayed in contact with my galleries I'm working with and that feels good made some sales through them which is wonderful for us all. I also took a big risk and launched Tack Down Tuesdays back in August and now it's December and it's still going strong.. Creating a life style that works for me and can still be fulfilling and that I can still share my passion and creative interest is living the dream. I'm blessed to be able to do that and I have to say I work darn hard to keep up at what I love to do..