Spilling of some words today

Well what ever was my problem with the blog here has been fixed.  I can now get back into my posts...so thankful for that, with my writing skills and slap jacking things together I don't always re read things and just push the button and I'm off on to something else. Its so nice to be able to come back in and make adjustments if I want to..especially when I post the Tack Down Tuesday's, when piece sells I want to be able to get back in and write SOLD. 

I didn't spend much time in the studio yesterday instead I walked the dogs early and then I went to the woods to do my exercise and meditation time  or I like to call it get my medicine for the day and some times it has to hold me for a few days.. Yesterday I was treated to the view of a young Praying Mantis- which seeing one might be the gift of stillness. 

Praying Mantis Meanings in the Realms of Animal Symbolism

The mantis comes to us when we need peace, quiet and calm in our lives. Usually the mantis makes an appearance when we've flooded our lives with so much business, activity, or chaos that we can no longer hear the still small voice within us because of the external din we've created.

After observing this creature for any length of time you can see why the symbolism of the praying mantis deals with stillness and patience. The mantis takes her time, and lives her life at her own silent pace.

I've always taken my guidance from nature and this is so funny as I was spending my quiet time in the woods I was in very deep thought about a few things and as always when I bring my concerns to the woods I hear the answers I need..  Last year while the Outdoor Studio Exhibit was about to open up one morning we were graced with a full size Praying Mantis...pretty cool she was in my tent on the in the upper corner...

Well I again challenged myself to see what I could...seem I do that also when I have new things coming up or lots on my plate...I push myself some where else in my life and then pull from that strength and make it through another area that I've not walked upon...funny things you realize in yourself as you get gain some wisdom are you personal patterns..good and bad.. so I walked 3 miles and ran 7 out in the woods.. now this is not a fast pace run it's more like a granny shuffle thing...I'll be needing a new pair of gym shoes soon but it's my way to move forward...Oh the grass hoppers are also out jumping on the path...kind of fun though some may feel a bit scary having a bug that size jump at them but I kind of find in a natural thing.

So boat loads of wonderful things to do...as my tack down Tuesday sold so I'll be packing that up and hopeful spending some time in the studio....the piece I'm working has been done with the CD 2 cello's, it's kind of intense to listen to but I can't get it out of my head or heart...the Cello is really speaking to me..especially with the music they play...I love the one Hurt which I think, was first by Nine inch Nails, about a heron habit and then Johnny Cash sung it and now these guys play it...it tugs at my heart...so hoping to make some progress with it...got to keep moving...but I'm at the point now where I'm needing to ask the piece what else, what do I need to complete...sounds a bit strange but I do stop and ask that of my pieces...

OK enough rambling...time to get off and one with life.

Comments

  1. 2 Cellos? Sounds interesting. Is that what they're called? And "the granny shuffle thing" - wish i could even do that, Laura. Sounds good though - not stressing your body out but good exercise for your heart. I see two men running like "the granny shuffle" all the time. Must be good - they are in super shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes April 2Cello's is these two young fellows that only use cello's to play music together..if you look them on youtube you can see them or if you google them..some of the music is a bit intense but it hits a part of me that's not been touch in a long time..so I'm enjoy the zone it puts me in when I listen to it.
    well the granny trot thing I do has put a bit on me but I'm one to push myself past a few limits now and then...how else are you to grow...well that's the way I feel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts