Sandhill cranes, gardening and studio time...

My early morning walk went well...I switch it up now and then and visit other parts of the neighborhood be sides the woods. I also needed to go to my bank so putting less of a carbon foot print on this world I walked a good 2 miles out or so and on the way back I stopped by my bank and took care of business.  All the while I was walking I couldn't help but think about all the sounds and visual things we miss while driving and how grand it is to be able to walk and allow the body to getty-up to nice rhythm, I then get into the Zone and people could honk their horns at me and I wouldn't hear ya...Which did happen as I got a call later on in the morning asking if it was me walking?? Yes it was...

When I got home I had some breakfast and started in on the front flower beds...you see there all perennials so there a hardy bunch and I don't have to worry about frost with them too much so I racked all the many layers of leaves we cut and blow there from the fall season...I was in heaven as I hear the familiar sounds...I felt as though I was in a special place witnessing this event every year..never fails...Thousands and I do mean thousand of Sand Hill Cranes came over the house some so low I had to stop racking and watch their gliding presences pass over.. The neighbor stopped by and me all excited about this event with dirty hands and a wonderful wind blow do of hair all over was jumping with joy telling her to look! Look! don't you see them...Oh she said I hear something but I thought it was the geese...I said no look at them and more and more were coming like waves.. then they would circle right over our house so...so...so cool things like this get me so excited...I was in bliss in my front yard, witnessing this....Now the beds are ready for the rain today and I won't be wrecking the growth by racking later on in a few weeks, which I've done that before.. I thought while I was out there...some day I want to be this landscaper...then the thought came to me I can't remember or say the names of the plants so I'll just be a happy dabbler and pretend in my own little acreage of property.. that I'm this gardener/landscaper and know what I'm doing...I think I put that down along time ago on my list of life's I wanted to have when I was doing the Artist Way...So happy I can do that..

Rambling away here... after lunch I headed to the studio to work on my big piece for the MCS show...which really needs a fire under my bottom to get finished... I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this piece...Lets say it's got me going a journey...as of I pulled out one of my printing block and carved a nice image out to take a stamped pattern I had in a piece of paper I made that's in it...can't seem to find the stamp now my have walked off in a class but any ways I've got a four times the size printed image carved now...did some major image transfers on this piece but there's some love / hate going on as I go through the process... I'd like to say I'm putting some words out for help and waiting for inspiration to come...

Well that's my little drama for the yesterday...had me a nice salmon dinner with grilled veggies and a baked potato and slept like a baby all night... Little sore today but all good other wise...not sure if I'll pull out the sewing machine or keep working on my piece for the MCS show...need to do some food shopping today too....

~Healing prayers sent out to a dear family member and life long art buddy...you know who you are...love ya honey~

Comments

Popular Posts