Something I've wanted to do for a long time...

Here's my sketch of the photo below.. I sat at Prince Pond this afternoon and sketched this picture. Took me about an hour, so glad I packed a lunch and brought my camera too.  It was so grand the shadows and the breeze of the day..may people walked by so I was able to face a bit of a fear of sketching in public...Now the challenge will be in a coffee shop or some place like that.. I put this one in my journal that I'll be passing round soon after September..right now there is mostly mixed media and collages in the journal but I felt compelled to do it.

Comments

  1. great sketch of a beautiful scene, Laura. How long did it take you to do this, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Very excellant addition to the journal. Stands well to be framed as is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls...don't want to get ahead of myself I would like to keep sketchinig I want to be like a dear friend of mine Anne Hupke..she's got some awesome sketch books of trips she's taken.. first step is to get sketching..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sketch! What a lovely place! I love to "run away" to the perfect spot and just lose myself in the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sketch, Laura. Way more interesting than the photo. More personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. as I sat out on my patio this morning sipping my coffee, I was thinking about your drawing. This is such a great comparison example of how important the "plien air" experience positively informs the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Laura! I love your sketch! Where in Downer's Grove is this Prince Pond?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Run a way Lotus that what I felt like I was doing, I quietly packed a lunch and planned to escape to this place not sure if the day's agenda would give way to it and then it opened up perfectly so I followed the days lead...I have to admit it was a personal gift.

    April the pond is on the north side of the railroad tracks in Downers Grove off of Forest down a few street to Prince. I always wanted a house there..where the pond was..don't know how clean it is or for fishing..

    And JoAnn You are opening my eyes up to do more by your comment..thanks all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts