Contemporary art what is it?
• Contemporary art can be defined variously as art produced at this present point in time or art produced since World War II. ...
• Term loosely used to denote art of the present day and of the relatively recent past, of an innovatory or avant-garde nature. ...
• Artistic work from the present era that uses the current practices and styles of its discipline.
• Anyway, the answer is divinely simple. Contemporary just means "art that has been and continues to be created during our lifetimes". In other words, contemporary to us.
• On a more serious note, while it may be hard to classify emergent movements, Contemporary art - collectively - is much more socially conscious than any previous era has been. A whole lot of art from the last 30 years has been connected with one issue or another: feminism, multiculturalism, globalization, bio-engineering and AIDS awareness all come readily to mind as subject matter.
Outline of Art History - Contemporary Art
Visual Arts Movements - 1970s-Present
Post-Modernism - 1970s-mid 1980s
Ugly Realism - 1970s
Feminist Art - 1970s-Present
Yunnan School - late 1970s-Present
Neo-Conceptualism - late 1970s-Present
Neo-Expressionism - late 1970s-1980s
Bad Painting - late 1970s-early 1980s
Demoscene - late 1970s-Present
New Image Painting - late 1970s-Present
Nuovi Nuovi - late 1970s-Present
Mühlheimer Liberty - 1979-1984
Transavantgarde - 1979-Present
Free Figuration (Figuration Libre) - early 1980s-Present
Neue Wilde - early 1980s-Present
Neo-Geo - mid-1980s
Multiculturalism - 1980s-Present
Graffiti Movement - 1980s-Present
BritArt / Young British Artists ("yBa") - 1988-Present
Neo-Pop - late 1980s-Present
Net Art - early 1990s-Present
Massurrealism - early 1990s-Present
Artefactoria - 1990/91-Present
Toyism - 1992-Present
Lowbrow - ca. 1994-Present
New Leipzig School - mid-1990s-Present
Tiki Art - 1996-Present
Bitterism - 1998-Present
Stuckism - 1999-Present
Thinkism - September 12, 2001-Present
Funism - ca. 2002-Present
What makes a story?
1. Look at artwork that tells story
2. gather ideas
3. choose ideas and start with basics
4. know your characters
5. Limit the breadth of story
6. Decided who will tell the story
7. organize your thoughts
8. start writing
9. come out swing
10. keep writing
11. let the story write itself
12. revise and edit
13. get some second opinions
14. incorporate whatever edits, revisions and suggestion you feel are valid
(all information gather from the Internet)
Questions to ask yourself
1. What do you like?
2. What do you want to make with your collage art?
3. What mood do you want to express?
4. What do you think are you strong points in the collage work you do already?
5. Can you study that strength you have in your work?
6. What would you like to create a collage piece about?
7. Is there a point you would like to get across to the viewer?
8. Do you want to make a statement with you work?
9. How do you think you can make that statement using knowledge that you know about design and composition?
10. What are you afraid of trying in our work? And why?
Personal Thoughts for today
As you can see from above this is what I'm going to give them today, that is my students... The class I'm teaching is Contemporary Storytelling in Collage... little do we know we've been doing it all along the way by the images and experience we have been living and expressing in our collage work already.. from memories to the present we want to leave behind something for other to know us by... Sharing a story is a way to remember a nice little package of details, a moment and event. Same can go for a piece of art work, especially with collage as it can really capture the cutting edge what just happened by using the design principle to it fullest.. So this is what I'm presenting to my class today... they will probably hate me but little do they know it, they are doing it already...I'm just helping dig deep and with more passion.
Which is what I expect from myself and where I am right now as an artist and teacher.
- Collage Art for your Collection
- sales info
- Workshops and Classes for 2017-2018
- Collage Papermaking Techniques
- Art Material List
- Layering Process with Collage
- Coptic Stitch Journal bookbinding
- Coptic Stitch Journals
- 2018 Tack Down Tuesday Calendars
- Dolcezza-Simply Art
- Artist Way Rambles