Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Played hooky for the chore list yesterday

At the end of the day I had not accomplished my plotted out list I made for myself in the morning. I played hooky from it to the most part and sat and watch two movies while working on the glazing in shadowing of the Wild Rice Moon piece (#8) it was great..both movies were chick flicks so a box of tissues were close by. After work about 5 hours on it I decide to come down stairs and do the family dishes and then go for a walk... but my mind wanted to walk through the hardware store.. so I put on a good two miles and then headed over to the local Home Depot but first stopped in to the dollar store... founds some great stuff for creating new printing items. I like to make my own collage papers and incorporating in some simple printing techniques just falls so gracefully in to the mix of things.. I to have to ask the son to pull out the saw in the garage and cut me some blocks from the wood and dowel rod rollers.. I might be able to prepare some next week after the workshop at the college has passed...I'm learning to focus on the task at hand a little better instead of trying to do it all in one day.. so back to now playing hooky to my list cause I know have double it...

1 comment:

  1. Nope, you don't have to double it. Sounds like you filled the well that was so overdue, it claimed stakes on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my collage chatter, many creative blessings and peace to you and yours
~v~Laura